Assistant Professor Iliyan Ivanov Petrov, PhDOffice address:
"Acad. G. Bonchev" St., bl. 2, 5th. floor, room 521
Sofia - 1113,
Office phone: (+ 359 2) 979 32 50
Ĺ - mail:
Scientific areas - theoretical and research interests
- Information theory;
- Entropy and hierarchy of dynamic systems;
- Game theory;
- Concentration and competition in economic and social systems;
- Group decision-making;
- Regulation of monopoly and oligopoly structures;
- System analysis; Process modeling and management
- Operations research;
- Analysis of the risk and safety of systems in the field of energy, services, finance;
- Programs and systems for information processing and decision making
LanguagesEnglish, Russian, French, Japanese
Education and scientific degrees
- Russian State University for oil and gas "I.M. Gubkin", Moscow, Russia, 2015 - PhD, specialty "International Economics" (Dissertation thesis – Evolution of structures of World and European energy markets and the development of gas pipeline networks in South-East Europe with participation of Bulgaria, thesis director prof. K.N.Milovidov).
- UNWE, Sofia, 1999 - specialty "Law", Master of Law
- MIGMO, Moscow, Russia, 1985 - specialty "International Economic Relations", Master of Economics
- Institute of the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Financial Decentralization of Local Authorities, Budapest, Hungary, 20-31 August 2000.
- University of Lorraine, Nancy, France, Sept. 1991 – August 1992 - specialty "Money and Finance".
- Petrov I.I. On structural entropy and concentration analysis of industrial and market systems. International Conference Big data, Knowledge and Control Systems Engin?ering, Sofia, Bulgaria, 1-2 December 2017.
- Dimitrov M., Petrov I.I., Perennial fundamental study of economic reforms contemporary Russia (review of the monograph of Prof. LV Livshitz "Systemic analysis of the market reform of the non-stationary economy of Russia: 1992 -2013 "). Journal Economic Thought, Institute for Economic Studies, Bulgarian Academy of Science, ISSN 0013-2993, 5/2016, pp. 149-151.
- Petrov I.I. Improving the Methodology of Market Structures Analysis with innovative concepts for Phase-Structure States and Set Concentration Index. Journal Economic Alternative, University for national and Word Economy, Sofia, ISNN 1312-7462 1/2016, pp. 5-15.
- Petrov I.I., Milovidov K.N. Phase-logistic model for measuring and assessing concentration and categorization of market structures (using the example of world energy markets). Journal “Oil, Gas and Business,” No. 2, 2014, p. 42-49.
- Petrov I.I. Southern Gas Corridor - evolution of strategies and the competition of projects in period of crisis and recession. Journal “Pipeline transport”, No. 4 (32), 2012, pp. 44-53.
- Petrov I.I. Competition of projects in the Southern Gas Corridor and the lessons of Nabucco. Journal “Pipeline Transportation”, No. 5 (33), 2012, pp. 48-55.
- Petrov I.I. New approach in analysis of market diversification and energy security with balanced concentration index. Journal Oil & Gas Eurasia, No. 4, 2013, pp. 32-35 (text Russian and English).
- Petrov I.I. New approach in analysis of market diversification and energy security - Diversification of structures in national energy balances - World and the EU Journal. „Oil & Gas Eurasia“, No. 5, 2013, pp. 35-38 (text in Russian and English).
- Petrov I.I. New approach in analysis of market diversification and energy security. The impact of Renewable Energies on diversification EU energy balances on the example of Bulgaria. Journal „Oil & Gas Eurasia“, No. 6, 2013, pp. 48-56 (text in Russian and English ).
- Petrov I.I. Natural gas on the shelf of the Black Sea - illusion or reality for EU. Journal „Oil & Gas Eurasia“, No. 7, pp. 28-34 (text in Russian and English).
Last update: November 2019